Wednesday 22 February 2012

Breakfast at Harrods.

On Tuesday 13th Decemeber 2011, Luella Bartley announced to the world that her brand 'Luella' would cease trading. This was a sad day for 'whimsical 1960's sundays best' fashion lovers everywhere. During a recent shopping trip to Harrods-Knightsbridge, I noticed that the new Miu Miu spring collection has a very Luella-esque feel to it. The pastel colours accompanied with the familiar cuts and bows from the Luella Spring 2011 Collection were very much present within the range. A particular dusky pink frilly blouse, reminiscent of a childhood dress I once wore (age 3-4yrs), caught my eye. It was sweet, and paired with dressy trousers or denim shorts would be my perfect dream summer staple.

The LUELLA Spring Collection 2011

Here is a one of my many desired 'after work drinks' outfits-

  1. Coat-  Miu Miu, Double-breasted cotton-gabardine coat, £990
  2. Peter pan collar jumper-  Miu Miu embroided cotton sweater, £570
  3. Trousers-  Miu Miu stretch wool-gabardine trouser, £270
  4. Shoes-  Mulberry signature pump, £395
  5. Clutch-  My own (Marks and Spencers- £25)









As I am on the topic of all things Miu Miu, I must post a photograph (along with my appreciation) of the new Limited Edition handbag range. The range comprises a grand total of 46 unique handbags, all handmade with their own mix of luxury fabrics and vintage flavour. I am torn between two designs from the collection, one glittery number which would be perfect for that night on the tiles, or a more regal and decadent ensemble which i can just imagine myself wearing with a navy peacoat day and night. This collection comes in at a whopping £1,595 for each bag. Dream big. Thats my moto! So, here they are, ta-da:
Miu Miu

No comments:

Post a Comment